JOB POSTING August 2017
We are seeking an Accountant to assist with our ongoing accounting processes and administration in our growing company. The candidate will be an enthusiastic individual that is able to perform effectively in a dynamic, fun, and evolving work environment.
This full-time position is suited to an intermediate accountant with prior experience working in a similar role and capacity. We are seeking someone who is very detail oriented, hands on, and can excel in a busy work environment. You must be a self-starter, organized, able to multitask, and handle deadlines. This role will include accounts payable and payroll, as well as assisting the Corporate Accountant and CFO with preparation of quarterly financial statements and filings.
Hemisphere Energy Corporation is a producing oil and gas company focused on developing conventional oil assets with low risk drilling opportunities. Hemisphere plans continual growth in production, reserves and cash flow by drilling existing projects and executing strategic acquisitions. Hemisphere trades on the TSX Venture Exchange as a Tier 1 issuer under the symbol "HME".
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Processing accounts payable
- Weekly cheque runs
- Payroll & benefits administration
- Maintaining weekly reporting schedules
- General office administration
- Assisting with quarterly corporate filings
- Working closely with the Corporate Accountant and providing support as required
- Minimum 2 years prior experience in a similar role
- Good understanding of basic accounting principles
- Strong Excel skills and comfortable using various computer and web-based applications
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and accuracy
This is a full-time position working in our Vancouver office.
How to apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to the attention of Mr. Dorlyn Evancic via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We wish to thank all applicants for the interest and effort in submitting their application, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.